Fresh and tastes like summer!
Nice alternative to traditional hummus.
Organic White Bean Dip Recipe w/Pita Chips
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1or 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 pitas
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat oven to 400
Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the food processor. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.
Cut each pita into 6 wedges. Place the pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Pour the remaining oil over the pitas. Toss and spread out the wedges evenly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake for 8 minutes and then flip over. Bake another 4 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.
Serve the pita toasts warm or at room temperature alongside the bean puree.
Inspired by Giada De Laurentiis