Organic Spicy Wine Mustard Recipe
- 3/4 cup organic brown mustard seeds (click here)
- 3/4 cup of organic yellow mustard seeds (click here)
- 1 cup of organic white wine vinegar (click here)
- 1 cup of organic dry white wine ( Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blank, Pinto Gris)
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup organic sugar (click here)
- 2 T. of organic dry mustard (click here)
- 1 T. sea salt
- 1 t. organic red pepper flakes
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper ( Great pepper grinder, click here )
- 4 pint size Mason Jars
Combine all ingredients into a glass bowl and stir. Cover and set aside on the counter for 24 hours.
Transfer contents of bowl to a food processor or blender and puree until creamy. Transfer mustard to jars and refrigerate.
This is a forward horseradishy style mustard. Use all yellow mustard seeds or less just brown mustard seeds if you woulde prefer a less spicy mustard.
I can the mustard and put it into pint size jars. Makes 4 pint size jars. Love it!
Please go to Ball Canning Site for canning directions.
Makes great gifts and is so yummy!
I found this pepper grinder from America’s Test Kitchen and we have loved it. Enjoy!